Wednesday 2 February 2011

Look who's back home today

Hey hey hey. Tomorrow is Biñan Day, and you know what happens when a city celebrates the anniversary of its cityhood --- WALANG PASOK!

Which is why I'm now in Manila, enjoying cool-enough weather and great lutong bahay. I intend to sleep a lot tonight and wake up late in the morning, work on getting a clean slate for my MA application requirements, answer emails of the non-work kind, watch Love Actually (an assignment from the Brother, go figure), and be a sloth for the rest of the day.

--- --- ---


This morning I woke up early to prepare for a trip to Pila in Laguna. As I emerged from my room the first thing I noticed was the breaking dawn, next was the presence of the Moon and Venus. It was beautiful, and the astronomer in me was geeking out. But hunger came first. XD

I wish I had taken a picture of it, but Cecile is busted still...

--- --- ---


I finished The Hunger Games today. I read it while the car I was riding plowed through Makiling Forest at breakneck speed. (Sometimes at night I thank God that I'm still alive, even if the driver goes at 120 at such narrow roads and even has the guts to overtake. I think I should thank Him more XD) Now I wish I had money to buy Catching Fire. But I don't. I cry I cry.

I wish that Peeta was more developed as a character, like the kind of development that Katniss got. It seemed that he was just thrust into the story and you don't really get if he's a major character until the Games begin. Until that time, I thought Gale was the leading man.

Having said that, Catching Fire, please. =(

--- --- ---


I've been writing a few haiku pieces lately (both 5-7-5 and 7-5-7). Am I on a roll?

No comments:

Post a Comment