Wednesday 23 February 2011

This ship is ready to sail

NEW BLOG!!!!!!! *keyboard smash of happiness*

I've transferred most of the entries made this year from the old place to this new place. The layout ain't half bad too - I wanted to make my own (since my first blog was from Blogger and I did make my own Blogger layouts back then), but when I saw the developer FAQs I chickened out. So I tinkered with the Template thingamajig and got this.

That header you see there that looks like it was drawn by a kid? I did that. *is proud* I'm good with stick figures and basic stuff like that. Tee hee.

And, regarding the new blog, that's all I have to say.





--- --- ---


It's been a while since I posted pictures. So, I will.

Had Nutella for breakfast. Oh yes bagets. I don't care if I get allergies or what, Nutella is Nutella, and my stomach deserves it.

I saw Giada de Laurentiis make something out of Nutella in Everyday Italian but I completely forgot what it was. I was entranced by the sight of Nutella, that I didn't even thought of remembering the recipe.  Having said that, Nutella on bread is one of the best simple joys of this world.






--- --- ---


I cut my hair last Saturday; that I failed to mention in the last entry. I still cannot comprehend my recent fixation for short hair. I still like having long hair, but since my hair is less than shoulder length, it will be a long time before it grows back.

So until then, I have to rock this look. XD




--- --- ---


It's time to bring out the dreaded raket pipeline (yes, it is still alive and kicking!)

ASH WEDNESDAY, March 9
At The Cross

THANKSGIVING MASS (aka the last mass of the academic year), March 23
Saving Grace

EASTER CANTATA
I Knew He Was Love
+ almost all songs, in backup

I removed the soiree first, because there is no definite date yet.

If I can turn your attention to the first two dates - yes, you read those songs right! In a Catholic mass! I'm actually excited for those two dates, because for the first time I don't have to learn the song, which in itself is already pressure-ridden cause I usually get the song days before the mass. But more importantly, I got to choose the songs. *snickerfit* When I was asked to sing for Ash Wednesday, I said yes and asked if I can do a song that's more contemporary. I presented a list of songs, including At The Cross, and it was chosen. =P And from the list of songs I gave, Saving Grace was also chosen, since I said it was more of a youth song, and since most of the attendees were kids, it was an "accessible" song (if you may). I was asked to sing that on the last mass of the schoolyear.

I'm so excited for this. I don't really mind if it's a Catholic mass that I'm singing at; just as long as the song is for God and is sung to bring people closer to God in worship, then that's all that matters! And if people will complain about the song choice (OMG I hope walang umalma, ang ganda-ganda kaya ng mga kanta!) I can just say it was pre-approved!

Practice for Easter has begun, and since it falls on a Wednesday, I have not attended a single practice yet. But I know my solo, I've sung that on Good Friday last year. It's the backup parts that I have to take into memory.



--- --- ---


I go home tomorrow! =D =D =D Thank God for EDSA and schools not having classes on EDSA.

Toodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment