Monday 23 January 2012

Booyaaah


Yup, I have to post it again. Our "band" got in the battle of the bands of DLSU, which will be held on February 8. A little research was done some of the competition we're facing, and we learned that some of the bands hold regular gigs (and have FB pages!). I thought to myself, if one would consider our Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday assignments as gigs, then we hold at least two each week! We just don't have a Facebook page. /heehee


One of the songs we did during the audition was Oo by Up Dharma Down. Learning it was such a challenge - I couldn’t nail the vocal by just listening to it a hundred times, and listening to it a hundred times wasn’t possible, since I was given the song less than two days before the audition date. Oh, and to aggravate things further, my fellow band members did a bossa arrangement for the song. Bossa is a genre I am NOT comfortable singing with.

So, on the eve of audition day, I wrote the lyrics down and “drew” the melody (see left). Then, I practiced it. By the time we did the audition, I nearly forgot some of the words, but at least I nailed the melody. =D
Now that we’re in, we're so excited! They chose only 10 out of 46 bands that auditioned! For sure, wala na akong kodigo by February 8 (hahaha!!!). We'll be getting t-shirts to wear for the finals - I found two sponsors and I've drafted various shirt designs already. We have no setlist yet, or a solid original song, but we have time to prepare. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment