Wednesday 13 July 2011

小さな痛みさえ愛しくて

Even a little pain is lovely.

I am alive, ergo I will blog.

--- --- ---



Hello new hair. This here happened the day after I (finally) confirmed that I did not pass the audition. I'm glad that I have short hair again. That means less time to fix, less product, less fuss, less damaged ends.

I wish that my hair had the type of curls that had meaning. Mine just curls, end of story. It doesn't fulfill any aesthetic purpose whatsoever. Getting a digital perm will be GADAWFUL for my budget. Getting a perm will mean telephone cord-like curls, which isn't what I want. Plus, the whole notion of getting a major treatment like that is something that I'm not too keen of at the moment, since my hair is still recovering from that super awful rebond of 2008.

--- --- ---


In one of my interviews of recent, I was asked if I have Chinese roots. I smiled at my interviewer and replied, "My official answer is no, I don't have Chinese ancestors. But in my head I try to make up stories where in I have Chinese ancestors who mingled with my actual mestizo and mestiza great-grandparents, just for fun."

She must have thought that I was whack. But that was better than telling her that I sometimes fantasize that I was adopted. WAHAHAHAHAHA.

--- --- ---



I am officially a Cinemalaya volunteer. *huge grin*

When I saw the ad on Tumblr that CCP was looking for volunteers, I thought I'm jobless, so what the heck? I should give it a shot. My first Cinemalaya was 2009 (I watched Astig), and I'm not a film buff in any shape or form. Nevertheless, I got a spot (a much-coveted one at that, apparently).

What are the perks, you may ask? I get to watch the films for free provided that it's not during my shift. I also get a shirt and a shiny certificate from the CCP. Oh, before I forget - I got a tour of the CCP, which costs Php200 plus. Yup. Volunteer work is fantastic.


What totally made my day yesterday was when I got to see the CCP Main Theater, aka the Tanghalang Nicanor Abelardo. It had the old theater smell to it, and was all kinds of awesome, for many great performances of the Broadway kind (among other epic productions) were staged here. Usually you'd have to pay a huge sum of money to be able to sit as a patron. Yesterday, I got to stand on the stage of this theater because I was accepted as a volunteer. Oh the joy.

As part of my break-in, I have to attend the opening of the festival, which is happening Friday at 4PM. Since I have class on that day I'll only be able to stay until 5:30 PM max, then go back to DLSU for Stat class. One of my assignments is also to familiarize myself with all the movies in the festival (together with screenings), which is pretty tough.

I haven't decided yet what movies I'll watch. I've been told that Ang Babae Sa Septic Tank is good, as well as Ang Sayaw ng Dalawang Kaliwang Paa, so those are on my list. But if I may be totally honest, I'm looking for a movie that is as provocative as Astig. Yup, provocative is a good way to describe it. XD Recommendations would be nice though.

That's it for now. Until the next one, then. =D If you're bored, I recommend that you look at my progress with the handwriting meme thus far at Tumblr.

No comments:

Post a Comment