Tuesday 26 April 2011

Realidad

I am back in the bundoks, and the welcome I got shocked me to my core.

My keyboard was ant-infested. YUCK.

It's amazing what a week of not touching my office PC could do.  Yes I eat while working, but I don't eat that much that it deserves an infestation of epic proportions. I ate more when I was at MP and though my keyboard had morsels of crackers and whatnot, it never became ant-infested like this.

It's all good now - the ants have been vacuumed out of the keyboard, and it's back again underneath my fingers like it never happened.

And it will NEVER happen again.



--- --- ---


I asked a colleague what he/she did during Holy Week (and it was more of a question for the sake of asking a question, just to avoid dead air), to which this person replied (with much gusto) that s/he went to Quiapo and joined the procession (so much so that his/her arms had tan marks), fasted, prayed, etc, etc. Then, said person asked me what I did during Holy Week.

I didn't know how to answer him/her. During that small window the events of last week flashed in my mind: Tuesday I was in church practicing for the Easter musical; Wednesday was also devoted to practices; the memories of my Thursday are all hazy; Friday was Clark day; Saturday we celebrated Nanay's birthday; Sunday was a whole-day-church-day. Oh, and I remember watching Tennis no Oujisama and fangirled when Tezuka and Fuji's matches were being shown during the weeknights...

I would have answered "naging busy ako kasi meron kaming ginawa nung Easter", but I didn't. So, I decided to avoid the question by just shrugging it off. In response, this person asked "Wala ba kayong ganun (Holy Week) sa inyo (sa church)?".

Um. Ouch. For me, specifically. So since I was obligated to save face, I mentioned that we had an Easter thing for church but didn't bother explaining the details because I felt so embarrassed.

Now that I think about it, I could have spent the Holy Week more productively. I could have swapped a few hours of the Tennis no Oujisama marathons we had last week with some Bible reading and reflection and stuff...but I was too busy relieving myself from the stress and pressure I face at work (and at church too, admittedly) that I tend to indulge myself more than I should...



--- --- ---


Since I already mentioned Tenipuri I might as well talk about it. I'm not like a super duper mega fan of the series. I know some of the characters at varying levels, mainly those from Seigaku. Later on I found out about Rikkaidai, and the techniques that sounded like they should be used for an anime like Bleach or Rurouni Kenshin...but I digress XD

I'm kind of a closet fan of Tezuka x Fuji. OKAY SO IT'S NOT SO CLOSET ANYMORE. But their bromance is so sweet that it's got to be canon. Like...BEYOND THE TENNIS COURT CANON. Oh and Echizen x everyone in Seigaku is also cute XDDD


--- --- ---



Interesting how the environment is out here in the bundoks right now. About an hour ago it rained. At about 5PM these really interesting birds came out and flew about. I have no idea what they're called, but I can assure you they're not maya. But most noteworthy of all was that a bunch of the malapapaya trees were burned due to a grassfire that occurred last Saturday. The fire wasn't big (or so I was told) but the wind was so strong, which resulted into the how and why our trees caught fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment