Tuesday 12 April 2011

Bundok vs Kapatagan

Hello, northeasterly wind. I walked listlessly on the road that went down and up. The breeze tickled my face the way a cold, teasing hand would do, and I welcomed it. No need to put on the hood to keep my head from the cold. I let it be so.

Up above the sickle-shaped moon hung in the sky, surrounded by faint stars. I've always been told that the stars shimmer more away from the city. Here it wasn't so. The sky was wide and overwhelming, unlike the city where towering buildings only give you but a taste of its expanse.

The rustling of trees, the creaking of various insects, and the overall peace that prevailed...

It's nice for a while, but come Friday I'll want to come back to reality - to high-rise buildings, to hopelessly knotted-up traffic, thick pollution and violation of personal space. And for wanting this, I must be either crazy or just a normal Manila girl.

Manila.

I keep coming back to Manila.

No comments:

Post a Comment