Friday 18 May 2012

Hair issues

Look at my hair. LOOK AT MY HAIR.

The last time it had a hint of going beyond shoulder length was last year. LAST YEAR.  It's long enough now that I could tie it in a ponytail without leaving a strand behind. With the length I've been keeping my hair in recent years, this is a milestone (I kid you not).

Anyway, early this year (call it a resolution, if you will), I decided to do a little experiment with my hair, and if I am successful, that means loads of money saved (going to tuition funds, of course) and less hours spent at the salon.

The experiment is simple enough - grow my hair again. Like, beyond the longest I've ever grown it (way beyond shoulder blades, or as I'd like to call it, beyond the bra strap. Bwahahahaha.) 

Here's where it doesn't get simple. I have to resist the urge to get my hair straightened or colored. I've done both since high school, and to see the state of my hair without these two is something I really dread - especially seeing the white hair. #geneticsproblems

But more than saving money, I've decided to do this because no matter what I do, my hair will never be straight permanently - or black, for that matter. It will always curl at some point, and for the past ten years I've wrestled with that inevitability by going to the salon every six months and spend like...nearly P10,000 to get straight hair. Plus, I've got strands of hair that are hopelessly damaged due to too much treatment.

So...yeah. No treatments for a while. I can do this.

--- --- ---

By the way, this is how busy tomorrow will be:
7:30 AM - Going to a correctional facility. NO, I DIDN'T GET INTO TROUBLE WITH THE LAW. I was asked to go for a church thing. I'm actually curious with what I'll see inside. Will definitely blog about the experience. 
12:00 PM onwards - OL GIMIK. OH MY STARS I CAN'T EVEN REMEMBER WHEN OUR LAST ONE WAS. It will be Little Tokyo for lunch, then Wako. I AM SO EXCITED.
Hurrah for the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment