Wednesday 1 February 2012

Because I'm usually the one who takes the shot (a.k.a. The Cherry Cherry Boom Boom Photoshoot)

For my utter lack of coherence in the previous post, I regret nothing. (HAHA!)

But to save face, here's a more coherent version.

I am obligated to provide a link to the portfolio of the uber-demanding photographer (sobrang demanding niya, you have no idea).

Being the person who's (unofficially) the official photographer for events - whether they are family reunions, work or church related events, I RARELY get really good photos (as in VAVAVOOM GOOD). The people I take pictures of end up with the good photos (and eventually, DPs), while I end up with the usual substandard selca or a picture of myself that wasn't taken well because of poor lighting, composition, and/or laziness. I get even more pissed if a person who has zero knowledge about the use of DSLRs handles Oberon, but that's another story.

So, you could just imagine how happy I was when this photoshoot was scheduled, and how much I was freaking out when I saw what came out of the shoot. YE GADS - I finally have a decent photo!

It was a night of too much eyeliner (not only for me, but also for the guys!), too much black eyeshadow, and questionable fashion sense (blazer + shorts + rubber shoes = say what now?). The photos were taken in fire escapes and hallways. This particular picture was taken at the hallway, with no light except from the flash. We found the sofa stashed at the corner leading to the CR.

It's actually fun being photographed when you don't have to be "pretty", cause I pretty much suck at that no matter how hard I try. =P

Can I say that I was trying to channel Coco Rocha fierceness during this shoot? In my head I was telling myself, "think Coco Rocha fierce, be Coco Rocha fierce..." Now that I think about it, I don't understand why I would I think of a high-fashion model during a band photoshoot, and not someone like Gwen Stefani or Amy Lee.

Anyway, some of the friends who saw this said that I look like the female vocalist of Taken By Cars. That wasn't my intention at all, but I do see the similarity. XP

Oh - in other band-related news, we have decided on a cover song. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment