Monday 19 September 2011

Em Ay Bee Eff (MIBF)

I told myself last week, "By nook or by crook, I'll get my butt to the MIBF this weekend!" And I did.

The perfect schedule dawned on me while I was tossing and turning early Sunday morning: go to SMX at 10AM, get books (I've got a list down to stay on budget and avoid splurging - HAH!), then go to Makati.

Having a list can do you wonders. I didn't get some of the books that I wanted, but nevertheless I got other good books that I'm looking forward to read in the coming months. This also means - of course - that I won't be buying any books, or anything that is classified under "wants" that''s extravagant for the coming months. /le sigh

See, books are one of my biggest weaknesses. Give me a book on a subject or author that I like and I will devour it. I'd rather shop for books than clothes, to be honest...not that I find clothes shopping dreadful (at times I do), but for me, there's nothing more fulfilling than going through the shelves of a bookstore. There's also nothing more intriguing than a book that draws you to itself. There are times that I buy a book and enjoy it without even reading a review about it online or hearing about it from someone. It doesn't happen all the time...but when it does I'm rarely disappointed.

Here are the books that I bought. The Amplified Bible I got for 30% off, which is a good enough bargain (best bargain still is getting leather-bound NASB/NIV study/app Bibles for ONE THOUSAND BUCKS EACH). I'm having trouble with finding a place for my big books. The rest are all fiction books - I bought Franz Kafka's Metamorphosis, which comes with other stories that "he could stand", according to the book's description. The splurge is made two times more epic with the three Murakami titles. =D

All of these books I bought while staying under budget, which was great! That's the wonder of having a list handy. =D It's like getting groceries.

Sometimes I wish I had the same determination when it came to clothes sales or whatnot. But, I just can't. /le sigh /story of my life

--- --- ---

Busy with a lot of work stuff, not to mention church stuff (Candlelight, le sigh), as well as school stuff (one subject wonder). How I manage to make entries like this one here that make sense, I consider now a major feat. 

I need an outlet. Somebody invite me to a photoshoot. Somebody invite me to karaoke. Somebody invite me to something I enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment