Monday 11 June 2012

Questions


I just came home from watching Prometheus. More than it being a Ridley Scott movie, and even more than Michael Fassbender being one of the main actors, it was a movie that I didn't want to miss because it was supposedly made as a prequel to Alien. I absolutely love sci-fi movies. 

Having said all of that, I totally recommend this film! The effects were mind-blowing, and the acting was way above par. My only misgiving for Prometheus was that it didn't give any answers to its most compelling questions by the time the movie ended. This is also not a feel-good movie (so if you don't want to feel depressed, DON'T WATCH THIS MOVIE!). 

If I could sum up this movie in one sentence, it will be in the form of a question: How far would you go to get the answers to your questions? Maybe not all questions were made to be answered, and we'll simply have to live with that. But when you flip this argument around, and say that we deserve answers to the questions we deem important, then how far will we go to get them? At what point can we say that the search for answers has become meaningless, or has brought  contentment? This was Prometheus for me. 

Fassy was phenomenal in this movie. I don't want to spoil anything...but really...he is just BEYOND! (And I can't even end this sentence properly!)

No comments:

Post a Comment