Monday 9 May 2011

Who are we fooling?

So we're back here again
Tiptoeing round the edge of the end
Wondering who will be the last to admit
That we're finally over

Turned twenty-one on the day that we met
Terrible shoes and plausible threads
It's funny how sad the funny things get
As you grow older

Better or worse but what else can we do?
And better or worse I am tethered to you
If it's not either of us tell me
Who are we fooling?

I love the art of biting my tongue
I tired of trying to guess what was wrong
Both agreed on where we should go
But not how to get there...


--- Brooke Fraser, Who Are We Fooling

One of the most beautiful songs in this album, and a song that I can definitely relate to at this point in my life (except for the beautiful tangle part, but I still find it beautiful...).

Thank you God, that at this point in my life, my happiness is something that you consider valuable. I will take hold of that truth. Today is the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment